segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2018

Au revoir, Arsene Wenger. Until we meet again. It was a true pleasure!!!

Meiguito Reporter: Mister Arsene Wenger, any hard feelings towards Bolague? I mean, Bolague was one of the earliest instigators against your tenure at Arsenal. 

Arsene Wenger: I don't think anyone reads Bolague. So, no harm. I've no clue what was said and written. They say "what you don't know won't hurt you", so ...

Meiguito Reporter: But isn't this arrogance what ultimately set you astray and ultimately led to your downfall? 

Arsene Wenger: Maybe you are right. I will concede that I didn't always use arrogance and manipulation as artfully as I should. Sometimes it was misplaced. But, if I may, let me give you a bit of insight, a word of advice as you grow up to become a great reporter: when you are at the top, surrounded by all those egos and nutcases, you better be just as arrogant as they are, just as unreasonable as they are, and just crazy enough to scare them off, or else they'll eat you up for breakfast. I lasted 22 years ... because of my arrogance, and my crazy and distracting words. Don't be fooled Meiguito, its a crazy world out there, especially in soccer, and no one is out there to help you. 

Meiguito Reporter: Thank you for your advice. In a weird way, you make a lot of sense. Best wishes. Oh, and by the way, what's next?

Arsene Wenger: Summer is coming. :-) au revoir, mon ami.

Sem comentários: